Double A came home from church on Sunday singing this beautiful song....She says it is her new favorite song. They will be singing it for this years primary program. She quickly found an MP3 version and downloaded it. It is so beautiful! So comforting. It really does not need very much introduction but I will say that if we all lived as if Jesus was standing right beside us this world would be a very different place indeed. And this is how we should live because he is beside us offering comfort, love and forgiveness.
I am very grateful that my sweet daughter brought this song into our home. I have heard it before but did not listen as closely as I should have. This video is from a YW general conference. And I think it is very touching to see these YW who are striving to live righteously especially in this world when there is so much against us.
If The Savior Stood Beside Me
By Sally DeFord
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope, and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.
This song was written by Sister Deford for her daughter's baptism. She says that she did not write it because she wanted it to be a lesson but because her daughter lived her life like the Savior was beside her. And this was her song.. Isn't that beautiful? For me, it gives the song even more meaning... I hope you enjoy it as much as we do....
No comments:
Post a Comment